Saturday, November 23, 2013

SCISSORS

There is a story about a father and son having a conversation just before the son is getting ready to head to a very liberal University.  The son has been struggling with his faith for some time.

The father says, 'Son, the people at that University are going to attack some of the miraculous things written in this Book ... stories like Jonah, for instance.  They'll say they're not really true - they didn't really happen.  Don't let them take those things out of the Bible, son.'

The son heads off to University and a couple of years later his dad asks: 'Son, what are they teaching you?  Did they try to take those things out of the Bible like I warned you?'

And the sons says:  'Dad, there is no Jonah in the Bible.'

His father answers: 'I told you they would try to tell you that.  But son, I'll show you where it is.  It's in there.'  The father goes to get His Bible to look for it - and lo and behold, he's flipping thru the pages of his very own Bible and he can't find it in there anywhere.  Finally heJonah have been cut right out, as if someone had taken a pair of scissors to them.
realizes the pages about

And the son says: 'Dad, what difference does it make if I lose my faith because of bad teaching or if I lose it because of neglect?  I cut those pages out of your Bible years ago after we had that conversation and you never even noticed.  I may have abandoned the faith because of education, but you've abandoned it in your way of living.'

Never let it be.

And be blessed.

No comments: