Sunday, June 30, 2013

TRUSTING

I am coming to understand more and more the power of trusting God.  It seems we think we 'know' - we have it figured out - or if we try hard enough, we will eventually - what seems right to us has to be right.

But trusting God and following that plan, even where it seems counter-intuitive, is the key to opening all the other doors God has for us.  It's so important, God says, that without it (faith and trust) we can't even please Him.  Pretty strong statement.

When we come to terms with the fact that depending on God and His wisdom, His ways, His leading, His direction won't let us down, our lives will be larger and better than we could ever have imagined.  We'll receive blessings we never would have had we trusted our own best path.

He is not an impersonal God you follow.  He is altogether invested in you in the deepest, most personal way.

Take that first step --- and --- Trust.

And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There have been two occasions in the past that I had to move for various reasons. Well, I had no idea where to go. I was searching and searching with no luck. I started to get awfully nervous...I had a deadline. Suddenly, both times about a couple of weeks ahead of time I found exactly the right place! I wasn't trusting God so I became somewhat frantic. I believe He was showing me that He had a plan if I would have faith in Him.

Then, there are just times that I am just going along with my day. Then, He reminds me that He is there. He just delights me and I look forward to every moment! Those times help me to know that He is always there and I know He always will be. It is the best feeling I know of! :)

Lately, when we were talking about gay marriage I was mulling it all over. I still am. But you said if we trust that God is GOOD, then we can believe that what He stands for is ultimately good. I truly do know that God speaks to me thru people many times. Quite often it is you...either in a sermon or a blog. I trust what you say, so I feel sure that it is Him and His Word.

Pastor Dan in Sat. night service referred to Jesus as his best friend and that He can be ours, too. I trust that He is if I just hold Him close to my heart.

Anonymous said...

I had to miss church last week due to family things. So, I went to the JC site tonight to listen....and was pleasantly surprised that there is a video of the services, not just audio! PK, why didn't you tell anyone? Did I miss something? BTW, great message. Now your blog posts over the weekend were in synch with the sermon. It's very cool that we can watch the sermon, too. I'm not sure if others knew or not.