Saturday, April 20, 2013

PARTS

God created sex.  It wasn't like He made the man - made the woman - then went out and got a reuben sandwich and came back and was like: 'Woah there!  What are they doing down there?  How did they even come up with that? Freakiest thing I've ever seen.'

Come on.  I mean, just look at the parts.  It seems that was the plan from the outset, right?

God created the body for pleasure - for sex - to be enjoyed exclusively within the context of heterosexual marriage - period.

              ' ... Just look at the parts.'

So sex is good.  The body is good.  Nudity is good ... provided it's all in the context of marriage and not in public.

We're not against sex; we're for marriage.

(I have not lost my senses with the randomness of this post today.  As is often the case with weekend posts, it is merely part of a larger message on the subject called "NEW SEX LIFE" at www.ourjourneychurch.com)

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tonight at church made me think and reflect on my life. First of all, thank you so much for including those of us who are single, though I am sure it was directed more towards younger people. After much thought the last 3 yrs or so, I have decided that I will also take the path that Paul did. I feel content.

When I was divorced I had a couple of years that I wanted to experience all of the things I thought I had missed. I had a couple of male friends and several one night stands. After a while I looked in the mirror and said "This is not the woman I want to be." The difference between being in love and being loved in return doesn't begin to compare to meaningless sex. I felt empty inside and not special or cherished at all. So I completely changed.

Tonight I didn't feel convicted. I confessed all of those things to God years ago. I did feel sad though. At the person I had become during that time. I could never get it back and start over. I thought I had missed out on something and the truth was that what I had was meaningless.

I have experienced deep love in my marriage and sex was beautiful and special...then I experienced times that left me feeling lonely.

At any rate, like Paul, I am comfortable being single now. As you said... I DO have a man in my life...Jesus.