Saturday, April 6, 2013

CORK

I don't know if the blog today is more for men or women -- you decide:

A man's number one need is honor.  I'm convinced of it.  Yeah, he wants companionship - sure, he wants sex - oh, he likes wealth and power --- but it's honor he needs.

If you don't speak to a man with honor, he can't hear you; he won't hear you.  He goes deaf.  I mean -- deaf.


Ephesians says: 'Treat him like Jesus.'
'But he doesn't act like Jesus.'
You treat him that way and he'll get there.

It's the cork-in-the-bucket principle.  You put a cork in the bottom of a bucket and it just lays there.  There are a whole lot of men out there just laying in the bottom of the bucket.  Praise is the water.  You fill the bucket with water and the cork rises.  I'm telling you, I know on this because I'm a man.  Praise him and he'll rise.

'You may be married to an undiscovered man of God right now ... your words of honor will help him get there.'

What I am is partly -- no, greatly - because I have one amazing and honoring wife.  She gives me honor even when it's undeserved, which is most of the time.  You may be married to an undiscovered man of God right now, ladies -- your words of honor will help him get there.

Honor him - and he'll rise.

And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was at tonight's service and I wasn't completely sure if this would apply to me...but it did.

I am divorced and I really do wish I had heard this before. I honored and respected my husband in many ways...until he made me mad. Then, I would be sure to cut him down and let him know what a disappointment he was. I wasn't a Christian then and I could be selfish at those times. It made me reflect on the ways I could have been a better wife.

One of the things that it made me think of currently is how do I encourage and show respect for the men in my life now. My Dad and my brothers. It really highlighted for me how important it is to build them up and let them know how grateful I am to have them in my life and how much I love them.

I can see why we need to be honored. And especially men. Men don't always show a good deal of emotion and the love and respect you give them can make all of the difference. Just like the cork in your post..they will rise and be better men when they know you admire them and are behind them.

PK's BLOG said...

Nice. I may use that today. :)