Monday, January 2, 2012

DEAL

Yesterday, a mom told me she was upset with me as she was leaving KFA (www.kenoshafirst.com).  

My message for the day was 'You're Not the Point.'  The past couple of days blogs have been downloads of parts of that message.  So, it was about how God is God ... God is amazing ... God is the point ... God is the center of the universe ... God is - not you - not me - GOD.


This past weekend at KFA was a 'family day,' when all the kids are with their families in the services.  We have two or three of those a year.  So it seems this particular mom, in order to keep her three kids well-behaved in the service, offered them money - if they would keep track of it - for every time I said the word "GOD" in the message.  So there they sat, with pencil and paper, quietly tallying every time "GOD" got spoken.

Grin.
 
Not a great day to make that deal, mom.  The kids made a haul.  But I salute you.  And thanks to you, KFA mom, for the easy blog day today.  You know who you are.  :)


And be blessed.

No comments: