Tuesday, January 3, 2012

TOP TEN

This is my regular 'beginning-of-the-year' post that evaluates the Top Ten Favorite PK Blogs of the previous year, 2011, according to responses and hits.  Here are my most-read blogs of the year - in order:


1.  'CONDEMNED' (December 12th blog)
By far the most widely read of the year, this short blog was based on Romans 8:1 and was about how you are not condemned - that your connection with God is not broken even though your connection with life sometimes feels like it is.

2.  'FAIL'  (August 21st blog)
A self-reflective blog because I am, at heart, a failure.  Everyone has failed in ways big and small.  This day was an attempt to remind myself I am among them.

3.  'CONFESSION'  (January 28th)
Another short blog - but also personally revealing as well as extremely painful - about what many believers really do when they say, 'I'll pray for you.'

4.  'PSEUDO'  (April 6th)
A blog about six different brands of pseudo-Christians.

5.  'SEUSS'  (January 22nd)
I saw this video of a girl speed-reading a Dr. Seuss story and I couldn't resist posting it.  I was glad so many others liked it too.

6.  'PACKER'  (January 23rd)
Predictably in the Top Ten for rabid Wisconsinites, this day was a tribute to the Green Bay Packers, who ultimately went on to win the Super Bowl last season.

7.  'WORLD CITIES,' U.S. CITIES' and 'WISCONSIN CITIES' (May 28th, May 29th, June 1st)
Kind of whimsical and spontaneous, these were back-to-back-to-back blogs listing cities in Wisconsin, the U.S. and the World that I've never been to but would like to visit one day.

8.  'SOUP'  (June 23rd)
It started out with a review of my favorite hearty soups, but ended in a discourse about being 'hearty' for God.

9.  'GROCERY'  (February 24th)
I loved this blog day because it was a re-telling of something that happened when I spotted a KFA-er at the local grocery store.  Way to go.

10.  'CULTURAL'  (December 15th)
This is a great way to round out the Top Ten - one of my personal favorites - this blog was about cultural containers vs. truth.  I was particularly happy to see this one make the Top Ten because I'm going to speaking at-length on this topic a few weeks from now.

Again - thank you for participating.  Looking forward to the coming year of blogging.

And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog, PK. Here's to a New Year of insights and info. Have a wonderful missions trip and keep us in the loop! :)

Anonymous said...

Yup. Good Stuff every time. .....

DBJ