Monday, January 10, 2011

FAMILY

I have discovered that being with my family in a relaxed setting is just about the most fulfilling, satisfying, stress-freeing thing around. It isn't because we were perfect parents; I wish (and so do they, probably). But it's even fun to sit around a table with food (always with food) and listen to them discuss our mistakes - and then laugh about it all. I can't think of anything better.

I know every person on the planet doesn't feel that way about their own family and for very good reasons many times -- but I challenge you to start today. Start going forward from where you are. Putting the past behind you is far tougher done than said, but one has to begin somewhere. The generations coming forward need the blessing and benefit of close family ties. Start today.

And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! I adore my kids, too! They are just such special young people...I am bessed to have the privilege of being their Mom.

From all I have gathered over time, your family is awesome, as well. We are definitely blessed to have such wonderful kids! Enjoy your time with them!

Dr Phil said...

In total agreement on this one. My kids discuss our mistakes in front of us as if we are not there. They are already good-naturedly planning hilarious antics for my funeral! Gotta love 'em.