Thursday, August 20, 2009

EMBODY

I believe we should pay attention to the longings of lost people because we care for them (mercy) and desire to make the Truth known to them as clearly as possible (mission). Knowing the people we hope to reach allows us to better address their concerns, articulate the Truth and apply the Gospel.

Our churches should be embodying:
* Authentic Community

* A life of depth

* A responsibility to serve others, and

* A desire to connect with other generations.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Dr Phil said...

Working outside the Church after years of Pastoral Ministry has permitted me to see the truth of your comments more than ever before. Yesterday a co-worker who is not a Christian read the words of a song she ran across, "This joy that I have, The world didn't give it and the world can't take it away." In her excitement to tell me about it, I saw the longing of her heart and soul and can speak to it every day.