Wednesday, August 19, 2009

INTERCESSOR

Maybe this is a crazy thing to post on a blog, but here goes ...

Invariably, God has placed in congregations, regardless of their size or location, people with a burden for prayer. In many instances, leaders (like me) have not realized who these passionate people are or what an incredible contribution they might make.

Intercessors do not have to be chosen from the high-profile group of leaders in a church. Sometimes we have incorrectly underestimated or blindly failed to notice the unique giftings of these individuals ... or made false assumptions ... or let fear get in the way ... or expected perfection.

Of late, I have realized my own personal need, selfish as it is, to have real intercessors praying for me and our church. So I am asking - right here on the blog - if you're an intercessor and you can pray for me -- and our church -- I'd be thankful if you would do that -- and I'd love to know that you are.

I don't need you tell me you will pray if you won't - or just to make both of us feel better - but if you are truly an INTERCESSOR and God leads you to pray for us here at KFA, please let me know about it.

And pray.

And be blessed.

3 comments:

Janet Whitmore said...

I am and always will PK.

Julie said...

I admit, I am always thankful for the leaders at KFA and give thanks for the church and the many members who have touched my life -- in truthfulness, I have not prayed on behalf of our church, and now recognize the importance. We are expected to pray on behalf of our leaders -- somehow, the church seemed like it didn't need it. It is a privilege to be lead by such wonderful leaders, it is an absolute honor to pray for our church. You have my support - with an absolute heart of Jesus.

PK's BLOG said...

JULIE:
Thanks so much. We certainly do need it.