Saturday, December 12, 2015

TEST

Here are four tests you can run on yourself to guide you in to more honesty ...

The Authority Test
Will the result of this choice put me under its power?
'Everything is permissible for me, but I will not be mastered by anything.' (I Corinthians 6:12)

The Sanctification Test
Will the result of this choice make me more like Jesus?
'Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial.  Everything is permissible, but not everything is constructive.'  (I Corinthians 10:23)

The Edification Test
Will the result of this choice benefit others?
'Let us make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.'  (Romans 14:19)

The Conscience Test
Will the result of this choice make my conscience uneasy?
'Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves.'  (Romans 14:22)


'We're always one decision away from damaging what took years to develop.'

Financial mistakes can be repaired.  Poor communication can be fixed.  Decisions that don't work out can be salvaged.  But character can destroy you.  We're always one decision away from damaging what took years to develop.

A great question to ask yourself is:  'What small thing in my life right now has the potential to grow into something big?'  Because a lack of honesty doesn't appear out of nowhere.  It begins small - then it grows, until eventually the small thing once barely noticeable becomes a thing that impacts a life.

And be blessed.

No comments: