Thursday, December 10, 2015

TEA

The great test of moral honor is how we respond to challenges.

Years ago I had -- let's just say a 'discussion' -- with a friend of mine over something we were both fairly heated and opinionated about.  I didn't behave very well in that back-and-forth.  I had to apologize later for my actions as well as my words.

Nothing reveals character quicker than problems.  It's been said, 'Christians are like tea bags; you don't know what they're like inside until they're in hot water.'

That's one of the reasons God allows problems.  They give us the opportunity to reveal what's really inside.

God made you to be 'that person.'  He made you to have moral honor.  He created you to be the same on the inside as you are on the outside.  And yet, because God also gifted us with incredible freedom, we can each choose to move away from Him if we want to -- but when we do -- when we move away from God, we always begin to portray something different on the outside that doesn't match what we were created to be on the inside.

Keep your moral honor, my friend.  Be like Jesus.

And be blessed.

No comments: