Sunday, May 3, 2015

WORK

Here's how the Bureau of Labor Statistics breaks down the average American day.  I realize your particular day may be 'more' or 'less,' but work with me here:


So, if we classify what you do to make money, your household activities and caring for other people as 'work' - which it all is in some form or another - you easily spend about half of your day working.

Does that surprise you?

Maybe.  Maybe not.

Sociologists say the average American spends one-third of his/her lifetime working.  That's a chunk.

We could preach a sermon on this right now, but it can't be disputed that what you do with your time ... matters.

You only have this one life to make it happen.  The time you spend counts.

This might say it better than I could ...



 And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this isn't about our work lives, but I ran across this video of JFK talking about the separation of church and state. The fact that he was Catholic was an issue in his Presidential run. He made it clear that he would make his decisions as President in the nations interests and would not be influenced by the views of the church. Anyway, it is a bit lengthy...11 mins, but he is so compelling. Just thought I would collect your thoughts on the devision of church and state.

Anonymous said...

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/05/09/jfk-perfectly-understood-the-separation-of-church-and-state-video/


Lol....I posted my thoughts and forgot the video. Ah, getting old has it's price. Anyway, here it is if you want to see.