Tuesday, December 2, 2014

STUFF

I admire people with great generosity.  There's something so pure about it - so Christ-like.

We're all supposed to be generous - every single one of us - but there are some folks who are inspired to go way far over and above.

It seems, too, that people with the gift of giving also have the gift of getting.  They always have something to give.  That comes from the Holy Spirit transforming their hearts and minds - loosening their grip on stuff and dollars so they can generously give.

'It's fine to have stuff; it's just wrong when stuff has us.'

It isn't that they're richer than you and me either - they aren't.  But when you give up ownership of your money - your time - your stuff - your resources --- 'God, I'll do what You tell me to do --- I'll be a giver --- I'll be generous,' you'll always have enough.

I've asked God to nurture this gift more in my own life -- and I've asked Him to nurture it in yours -- that whenever we see a need in our city -- when we'd find the places of greatest pain in Kenosha - or Northeast Illinois -- places in the earth - Haiti, Burma, Cuba, the Middle East, India -- that we'd have the resources to meet those needs -- hat we'd faithfully and generous do it.

It's fine to have stuff; it's just wrong when stuff has us.  I don't want stuff to own me.  God will give us what we need if we're generous.

And be

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is one of the reasons I like couponing, garage sales, auctions, etc. It allows me to help provide for my family, but I can also bless others!