Wednesday, August 6, 2014

ENTERTAINMENT

In a few short weeks, we'll participate in our annual 'At The Movies' series at the Journey Church campuses.  It's always an exciting series and a great opportunity to invite someone.

It explores entertainment and the believer's right approach to it.  Entertainment isn't something we should either be addicted to or avoid.  There is a proper place.

Entertainment can even point us to God.

The problem is that the world approaches entertainment far differently than God does.  Some believers want to avoid entertainment altogether.

I don't believe that is God's plan.  He wants us to understand and approach entertainment like Christ-followers.

How do you think we do that?

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't say I am addicted to entertainment...unless you count the net. I am hopelessly addicted to that. It's my window to the world, better than the library.

I remember about eight years ago. I was watching tv and flipped to a channel that Joel Osteen was giving the sermon. I was somewhat mesmerized. He is so positive, uplifting, loving and accepting. I was drawn in and wanted what he had. He always ends his sermons by saying, "I encourage you to go to a Bible-believing church." So, I came to JC. I know what Christians say about him, but I promise you, I would have never come to JC without him. I think he plants seeds. He is the milk, but I found more meaty sermons at JC. ALL are needed. Yes indeed, PK, entertainment can lead us to God.

When I think of the movies I have to say, I have found that the best movies are R-rated. My very favorite actor of all time is Leonardo DiCaprio. He is an amazing actor. I have seen all of his movies. I know that you might be one to reprimand me on this subject. I imagine I might not be so eager to see them if Jesus were sitting next to me, though. :/