Tuesday, July 1, 2014

THREE MONTHS

This is me at three months.  I know, right?  (Yes, there were cameras back then.)  My mom says I weighed 22 pounds there.  I don't know; I haven't known her to lie or exaggerate, but 22 pounds?  Heavens to Betsy, there must be lead in my pants.

Here's why I show that.  When you look at all the factors that go into making me who I am in 2014, how did I go from that picture to today?

'God wants to get His hands on you.'

How did you?  What things happened in your life to shape you into the person we see now?

It's important to find the answer to that because one of these days you'll be looking backwards at the picture of yourself when you were three months old and comparing it to the person you are 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 years from now.

And I would ask you:  'What happened during that gap of time?'

Ephesians 2 says you're God's workmanship - hand-crafted - with a specific plan and purpose.  God wants to get His hands on you.  He had them on you once, when He created you, but some have walked their own direction and become someone God never intended.  Now He wants to get His hands on you again in order to re-shape you by His will.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Yes, that was a 3 month picture of 22 pounds of pure joy. You have been the light of my life for almost 55 years. God has been soooo good and faithful to us. Love you,Son.