Tuesday, May 20, 2014

RUBBING

Everybody needs encouragement.

It leads us toward good choices.

It helps us get along.

It gives us hope.

It brings us thru times of difficulty.

It prevents burnout.

'I think we need more people in the world who encourage others.'


You'd think since encouragement is one of the most important things in life, that more people would be busy with it.  But it's kind of rare to find a person who regularly encourages others.

'Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.'  (Proverbs 16:24)

All day long we are rubbing off on each other.  Some of those contacts produce positive results - others not so much.  When we encourage someone, we become an example of God with 'skin on.'  God will put you in strategic places to encourage others with just the right words at just the right time.

Best of all, the ultimate source of encouragement is God.  He sent His Son to earth to die for you and me.  When we sin, He sticks with us.  How about that for encouragement?  It boggles the mind.  We're so microscopic and yet the God of the universe is with us.  His Holy Spirit lives inside us.

You want to have a big funeral?  Learn to be an encourager.

'Encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.'  (Hebrews 3:13)

And be blessed.

3 comments:

Taylor said...

Good sumrise of our Chapel today PK!

Anonymous said...

I think I am pretty good about encouraging people. I only do it when I am sincere, though. I won't say meaningless words for the sake of it. If you pay attention, most everyone has SOMETHING they are good at. I pick those things.

Honestly, I wish I had someone to encourage me sometimes. Surely, I must do SOMETHING right.... :/

Right, PK???? :p

Anonymous said...

Reviewing your statement, you are definitely doing something right. Exhortation appears to be a spiritual gift that God has given you. Remember, He is ALWAYS watching and when you are doing what He calls you to do and no one else can see, you are doing it to His glory. Amen