Thursday, January 16, 2014

SMOKE

I suppose you know that you can buy 'fake scents.'

Put up your artificial Christmas tree and spray the scent of real Christmas tree around the room.  Sneaky.  Fake-tree-in-a-spray-bottle.

I've been thru the car wash and seen bottles that say, 'New Car In a Can.'  You don't have to buy the new car anymore - just get the liquid.  For a while, if I close my eyes - not while I'm driving - I can fool myself into thinking my 2006 is really brand new.

The little canisters hooked on the inside of your toilet that makes everything smell like roses.  Really?  Did that fool you?  Do you really think your mom has been in there arranging flowers?

Candles of every scent.

'If you're walking in the presence of God, you're going to be hot.'

Liquid smoke.  You pour it on your entree and it gives meat the flavor of having been smoked.  Fake smoke.  What will they think of next?

Whatever you're around is what you'll smell like.  When you're around real fire, there's real smoke.  You can't fake that.  If you're walking in the presence of God, you're going to be hot.  There isn't anything lukewarm about being in God's presence.  People smell the smoke on you.

Get on fire.

And be blessed.

No comments: