Thursday, October 31, 2013

SPONGE

You can't really tell how much faith a person has by looking at them.  It isn't like they have a big orange "F" on their foreheads or that they walk around doing amazing feats with the flick of their eyes.

Faith is inside you, and yet it also works its way out.

It's kind of like a sponge.  You find out how much is in you when you get squeezed.  When circumstances turn on the pressure, you spill out whatever you're full of.

If you're full of faith, then faith is what comes out.  If you're filled with uncertainty when the pressure is applied, uncertainty is what comes out.

You had a bad quarter at work -- terrible personal sales -- you came in under your boss's expectations.  What spilled out?

'When circumstances turn on the pressure, you spill out whatever you're full of.'

Bad news from the doc.  What splashed out?

A child who put you to the test with their rebellion -- it's breaking your heart and pushing all your buttons -- you spilled out what you're already full of.

You're going to be squeezed - make no mistake.

What's gonna spill out?

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I feel a great deal of stress and pressure I tend to do one of two things. One, I freak out...far too often. Or two, I bury my head in the sand until it all goes away...but most often it doesn't. It just kicks that can right down the road.

I wish I handled pressure better. The thing is, I should have more faith. God has bailed me out and looked after me many times. I just am not sure if He will do it 'this time.' I know what a crummy person I can be, so I figure I may very well have it coming to me. Even though He seems to have my back...I have no idea why. I am very grateful for His mercy, though.

I am curious how you handle stress. I imagine you are grace under pressure. Do you have as much faith as you could?