Thursday, August 8, 2013

YOU

The more money you have, the freer you are.

The more beautiful you are, the more loved and accepted you are.

The stronger and more powerful you are, the more security you have.

The more freedom you have, the happier you'll be.

Sound right?
Sound good?
Sound true?

'God wants to free you from you.'

No.  God's economy tells us the opposite.

When your happiness, your freedom, your acceptance, your security are all hinging on you, that's a heavy chain.  It sounds like a huge burden to me.

The thing is -- it wasn't meant to be your burden.  Though we tend toward independence, you weren't designed for self-reliance.

God wants to free you from you.

CNN founder Ted Turner once said: 'Christianity is a religion for losers.'  

Actually, he was right.  It's for the sinner - the defeated - the overcome - the down-trodden - the loser.

You can't carry the weight of the world on your own shoulders?  Good.

Let God bring you to the end of you and you'll find the strength you need - the happiness you seek - the security you desire - the acceptance you yearn for - the life you were intended to live.

And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! You're back on! I've missed the blog...you know me... :)

Anonymous said...

I'm not any of those things, but what I AM is happy! God has given me exactly what I need and I am thankful for every bit of it.

There was a time when I felt that I had nothing and was just a burden to everyone in my life. I was so depressed and hopeless. But God didn't give up on me, no matter that it took a while to overcome it all.

Now, I just feel, as they say in the South, "tickled to death". I am delighted with my life!

For anyone out there who has seen dark days in their life, it will get better....honestly. He won't give up on you or leave you all alone. I know because I've been there.