Monday, July 8, 2013

SWIM

Remember when you were learning to swim?

I'm sure some of you just plunged headlong right into the deep end from the time you were 10 months old, but for the rest of us . . .

We stood by the pool's edge for the longest time, debating whether it was safe to jump in.  Even though Mom (or Dad) was right in the water holding out their hands to us:

'Come on.  You can do it.  I'm going to catch you.'

"Come on!  You can do it.  I'm going to catch you."
"NO, Mommy (or Daddy)!  What if I go under?"
"I won't let you.  I promise.  Trust me."

And after minutes (hours) of that dance, you finally summoned the last ounce of courage and ... JUMPED!  You found your Mom's (or Dad's) hands and you grabbed on for dear life.  Then you started laughing and kicking and playing while they were holding on to you as if this was your plan from the beginning.

That was when you learned the secret of weightlessness - trusting in a person first - then trusting that because of the person, the rest of it would all work out.

Know what I mean?

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember when I was about eight or so, my Dad took us to a pool on vacation. I was happily playing in the shallow end. Then I met another little girl around my age...we were having fun and playing. Well, she decided to climb out and go to the deep end. Of course, I followed her and jumped in after her, not knowing it was so deep. That was a big mistake...I didn't know how to swim! She tried to help me, but I was pulling her under. My Dad saw me and swam out to get me, but I was traumatized for several years. I finally got over it and learned to swim, though...lol.

I have found that I trust in God more than I used to, but once again, that will be put to the test. I will be looking for a job...along with countless others. I am very hopeful that it will be something I like. It makes the day all the better. I have faith that God will provide and, as you said, it will all work out in the end. The times that my faith begins to waver is when it takes a long time and I am down to the wire. That's when I get anxious. At other times I have started out with happy optimism when something important comes up. As time goes by it grows into fear that I will end up in serious trouble. God seems to test me by waiting until the last minute (I hope this isn't another one). Nevermind that the world keeps turning and it's not the end of the world...it doesn't feel like it at the time. I just have to have faith and trust in God, but to know that He will do things in His time...so don't lose it! :)