Sunday, July 7, 2013

OUTCOME


Here's the truth:  If you come over here and start walking this way, you'll end up over here.  (Nod your head right now if you already knew that.)

[Are you actually nodding?]

OK.  This is where it starts getting tricky:  If you turn and walk THAT way, you'll end up over THERE.  (How many are confused right now?  Nobody.)

'the direction you choose will impact your outcome'

The direction you choose will impact your outcome.  You can't walk this way step by step, day after day, month after month, year after year, and expect to end up over there.

Because if all your life you walked this way financially - you'd end up over here financially.  If all your life you walked that way relationally - you'd up over there relationally.  If all your life you walked this way spiritually - you'd end up over here spiritually.

You have six months left to this year.  If you're going to be the person God wants you to truly be, you might want to turn in the direction that will lead you toward that outcome.  What do you really want to be by the end of 2013?  That should determine the direction you set your face, set your heart, set your feet, set your time, set your enterprises.

Because if you spend every day walking away from Him -- 'I want nothing to do with His life - His work - His ways - His Word - His character --- Leave me alone; I'll do my own thing' -- if you do that, don't expect to end up over here.

Doesn't that just make sense?

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've started to move in the direction that I want to get where I want to go. I just don't want to find myself on that circular path you spoke of:

GUILT--TRY--TIRED--QUIT

I have done that way too many times.

I want to lose weight. I plan on breaking up my goal into smaller steps instead of overwhelming myself thinking about the whole ball of wax. At any rate, I am eating healthy foods, much of it vegetarian dishes. Now, I just need to exercise...this is the part that hangs me up. I am going to have a membership to the YMCA, so I will have a gym at my disposal. Maybe if I manage to stick with it long enough to see results, that will spur me on.

Spiritually, I have been faithfully reading my Bible Plan for a Year. I have read many parts I have never read before. I'm very excited to be back at church. I always look forward to hearing the message. I pray and I am constantly thanking God, but I need to pray a lot more. I want to show my love to people more and to be compassionate. Not to just talk about how I feel, but to do something about it.

I want to continue to foster my curiosity. God has led me to some fascinating information in many areas of life. I want to continue to explore the world, new ideas, ways to leave this world a better place than it was before God created me. Then, I want to follow thru and use this information to broaden my horizons and to grow as a person. I really do want to make a difference. I want my life to have meaning.

I want to love Jesus more. Pastor Dan referred to Jesus as his best friend recently. Since I am single, that would be a love that would take the place of being married. I'm not really one of the women you spoke of who wants to get married. I am content.

I'm really excited about this series. Staying behind these four walls is not truly living. I want to venture outside and step into God's sunshine and feel the warmth of His love...then be a better person.