Saturday, May 4, 2013

DEPTH

There is no off-season for love.  God's love for you has no depth limits.  It is a love that stops at nothing to give of itself unselfishly and irrevocably.  It means no road is too long or too difficult for this love to travel.  The real test of love is the depth to which it will go.

One of the greatest sentences the apostle John ever wrote is: 'This is how we know what love is - Jesus Christ laid down His life for us, and we should lay down our life for our brothers."  (I John 3:16)

Every time we practice it, that's the depth of love.

God in Christ not only came down from heaven to the level of humanity, but far deeper.  He came down into the ugliness and shame of our most horrible sin in order to rescue us.

'The real test of love is the depth to which it will go.'


And when you stand looking at the cross, there's something that assures you, not only that those two arms stretch outward forever to embrace the world, but also that the base of it reaches down deep forever to every man and woman who ever breathed.

That would include you.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post just made me think of something. I have had this thing for a few years now. Anytime I see 1:11 or 11:11 on a clock it reminds me of God...because He is the ONE...the infinite God.

Well, the 2-3 months I keep seeing it...ALL OF THE TIME! I tell you I have seen it about 30 times just the past couple of months. It always makes me smile.

I don't deliberately wait for it. I just glance at the clock and it is that time again. It is God's little reminder to me that He is there and He is thinking of me. It is a time for me to say a little prayer or even to just say "Hello, God!" :) This small thing always makes me feel good.

I just thought I would share that. Makes me wonder what signs from God that others have thru out the day.