Friday, April 19, 2013

ZIPPO

You, believer, live your life under a banner that basically reads: 'It is finished.'  You have been forever freed from your need to pay God back for what He's done for you - forever freed from trying to self-secure His love or acceptance - forever freed to serve somebody.

We love horizontally because God has loved vertically.

J. Linebaugh said: 'We are objects of love before we are subjects of love.'

That means everything I could possibly need has already been provided in Christ, so I'm now free to do everything for you without needing anything back from you.  That's right.  I can now actively get in line behind you - hold the door for you - let you go first - allow you to take the best and biggest piece - sacrifice myself for you --- and expect zippo in return.

              'We love horizontally because
                God has loved vertically.'

How wonderful for us both.

God may not need all your good works but your neighbor certainly does.  S. Clark says it well: 'We must remind ourselves that the good works that flow from faith aren't part of a transaction with God - they are for others."

Get going.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to express the gratitude I feel that God has loved me and forgiven me for all of my sins. I pray that my love and light grow brighter and brighter for my family, friends and all I come into contact with. I would love to become "Jesus with skin" as others have been for me. It impresses on my life that Christians have beautiful souls and I have been blessed to know them.