Sunday, March 24, 2013

WHITE FLAG

God didn't spare His own Son in order to gain your salvation.  And He won't spare your health or your career or your wealth in order to get your attention today.

Is that controversial?  I don't know - but if God wouldn't spare His own Son's life to save you, do you really think He'd spare anything else in order to get you to surrender to Him?  If He sacrificed His one and only Son to rescue you, do you really think there's anything else He wouldn't sacrifice in order to keep you connected to Him?

Jesus says: "I'm not here just to be your Savior, I'm here to be your King.  I'm waiting for you to surrender to My authority; I'm waiting for you to raise the white flag.  It's your palm branch.  I'm waiting for you to say one big 'Yes,' regardless -- 'Yes,' no matter what -- 'Yes,' irrespective of what anybody else around you says or does -- 'Yes,' period."

Surrender.

And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Father lived far away when I was a child. I never had a "King" in my life. It's hard to understand a God who wants to love me, be my friend and Abba Father...but wants me to surrender my life to Him. Who wants me to bow to His authority. How can He be both...

Anonymous said...

The ultimate in 'tough love'. Oh well, I know He could have done worse to me and I would deserve it.