Thursday, March 14, 2013

INSIDE

I believe we need both inside and outside in the church today.  Get fed, get built up, get discipled and - o yeah - don't forget to GO also.

We need both.

The only problem with that is, left to ourselves - without being purposeful about it - 'inside' always wins.  Yes, it does.

I am always inclined to want my own stuff fulfilled before I bother about someone else's.

'The world depends on you thinking about this.'

I love what G. Chesterton said about this.  He says many of the world's religions have circles as their symbols.  He says: 'The cross can extend its four arms forever ... the cross opens its arms to the winds."

That's what you need to do, Christ-follower.

We need both inside and outside, but rarely have we neglected the former for the latter.

The world depends on you thinking about this.

And be blessed.

No comments: