Wednesday, January 9, 2013

BREAD

Salvation is giving up your life and embracing Christ's life.  It is acknowledging who He is and what He did.

This is an invitation only the hungry eat.  It is an invitation only the thirsty drink.  If we don't, we are not yet starving enough.  We're full of the world and more than that, full of ourselves - satisfied with whatever food and drink the world promises, which spoils and perishes.

I can look at Jesus and kind of like what I see, but it's no good until I take it in - taste it - drink it.

When we're disobedient, the idea of that kind of food is actually distasteful to us, even though it's the best thing we could possibly eat.  The world's food looks so much better.  We push Christ away from the table.

But when we are broken over sin and we sense the void and feel the hunger of not having Him fill the gap, that's when we say: 'Be my bread.  Be my drink.'

'Be my bread.  Be my drink.'


And be blessed.

No comments: