Friday, July 20, 2012

HATERS

I'm not writing or responding to anything specific happening in my life at the moment, but the truth is, every now and then somebody lets out an attack on the church that gets big-time publicity - it's mean-spirited and pendulum-swinging.  It's usually directed at some pastor or speaker with a National following like Driscoll or Osteen or Warren or one of those guys.  Occasionally though, we get them at KFA, which always makes me scratch my head, because I'm not even famous.


They are people who charge that there is a lack of depth or they wonder why we don't more viciously (right term) contend for the faith and defend the Gospel, as if God needed our help with that.  They have one tool in their toolbox - a hammer - and to them, everything looks like a nail.


They always seem to dislike something -- always have a better way -- always think it should have been done differently -- always see the glass half-empty -- always pick everything apart -- always grumbling -- always letting others know how they feel.  


I so try to give them the benefit of the doubt -- see if the criticism may be warranted -- believe the best about what they have to say -- figure it was last night's bad pizza -- but I don't know, it sounds like a miserable life to me.


So I accidentally ran across this video by Pastor Stephen Furtick of Elevation Church called "Hey Haters," and I couldn't resist putting it up here for you.  




PS - I'm thankful that 99% of the folks who call KFA home aren't haters.  You're so gracious, mature, forgiving, compassionate and supportive.  I can't thank you enough.


And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great video! I like his energy and straight up message. Yeah PK, we love you and KFA is an awesome church. I always cringe when other Christians criticize Joel Osteen. He is the reason I ever came to the church in the first place. I wanted what he had and to be around people like him. Not everyone will agree, but he always makes me feel happy and that I can be more than I am.

JLambert said...

2 Timothy 4:3

John 15:18