Thursday, July 19, 2012

POLLS

I read with great interest the results of the two polls I posted here in the past two weeks.  They asked your preferred length of singing and preaching at a regular weekend service.  Results were as follows:

SINGING
Less than 15 minutes preferred ... 8%
15-20 minutes preferred ... 19%
20-25 minutes ... 9%
25-30 minutes ... 22%
30-35 minutes ... 13%
35-40 minutes ... 6%
40-45 minutes ... 7%
Longer than 45 minutes ... 12%


Said another way, 58% preferred singing to last less than 30 minutes, while 38% preferred it longer than 30 minutes.  Ours at KFA, depending on the weekend, lasts about 20-22 minutes, give or take.


PREACHING
When it comes to length of the weekend message:
Less than 15 minutes preferred ... 0%  (that's good cuz that ain't never happening)
15-20 minutes ... 3%  
20-25 minutes ... 4%
25-30 minutes ... 12%
30-35 minutes ... 14%
35-40 minutes ... 17%
40-45 minutes ... 12%
Longer than 45 minutes ... 33%


Frankly, it shocked me that 66% preferred longer than 30 minutes - and 45% preferred longer than 40 minutes.  Somehow, it was gratifying to know how you feel about the Word of God.

Thanks for responding.

And be blessed.

3 comments:

Bob W. said...

I like the results - but some may have misinterpreted the message length. The first time I read it I "thought" that you were asking about the entire service length because I read the Poll question too fast. I did change my response.

Add a song to the worship? Based on the people at the service, many times we seem to be really worshipping and then the last song ends...Or spend a bit more time on a song when that is happening (redo a chorus or verse/chorus).

Anyways, my $0.01 worth. Thanks for taking a poll!

Bob W. said...

I like the results - but some may have misinterpreted the message length. The first time I read it I "thought" that you were asking about the entire service length because I read the Poll question too fast. I did change my response.

Add a song to the worship? Based on the people at the service, many times we seem to be really worshipping and then the last song ends...Or spend a bit more time on a song when that is happening (redo a chorus or verse/chorus).

PK's BLOG said...

Could be Bob. I think most people understood the question, based on the various emails and FB postings I got about it during that particular post. But maybe a few misunderstood. Still, I love how people are responding to the Word. Blessings.