Saturday, February 18, 2012

WHITNEY

The Bodyguard star Kevin Costner released a statement yesterday about the death of his former co-star Whitney Houston, whose funeral was today, saying: “I let her down.  I should have been there, and I wasn't.  And now for the rest of my life I will have to live with that pain."  Continuing to speak about the roles they both played in the 1992 film, Costner commented, “I saved her then, I should have saved her now."


I wish he could have.  I really do. 

I wonder how many Whitney Houston's we have in our own lives - people who are desperately searching for something more real and fulfilling and just better than what they are currently living. 

I wonder how many times in the course of a lifetime each of us might be able to say something similar to what Kevin Costner said about his role in Whitney Houston's life - or have the opportunity to impact someone dramatically for the Kingdom.

Pray for doors of opportunity.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched an interview with Daniel Baldwin...one of the the Baldwin Brothers. He is in recovery, as well. He said that people in their position have access to anything and all the help they want. He said that Whitney just didn't want it. I understand what he is talking about. I deal with my own struggles and I constantly waffle in my mind. Can anyone really help me? Do I want to continue to suppress the emptiness? It is a disease, no doubt, and recovery is extremely hard. I have far more thoughts about Whitney than I can write here, but it is a very sad loss of someone so gifted and beautiful.

I just read in a book today, that the best thing someone can say to someone contemplating suicide is, "I'll miss you." We may not be able to change someone's mind and life, but it really does help to know that the people in our lives care and will miss us if we are gone.