Friday, February 17, 2012

CRUISE

I'm ready for a cruise.  I'm always ready for one during Wisconsin Winters, but even with this sluggish, awesome, Spring-like winter we've been having for the past three months, I'm still ready for one.  I don't have one planned at the moment, but it doesn't stop me from wishing I did or from blogging about it.


Joelene and I have been on a few cruises - some with friends - and one with all our kids last year which was a rad phat hoot blast, or whatever.  It was really fun, I remember that.  Every time we're together we're asking each other when we're doing the next one.

What I love is that there are so few expectations on a cruise.  In a life where there seems to be almost nothing but expectations, cruise vacations blow that apart.  Only three things are required on cruises:

Relax.
Overeat.
Relax some more.

Everything else is an elective. 

I will confess that I excel at these activities.  It's Friday night, so I'm about to do them all without guilt --- right now.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went on a cruise with my, then husband, to Mexico. It was awesome! Loved it! We had 3 stops, but Puerto Vallarta was the main one. We got to ride horseback along the surf in the ocean....it was SO romantic!

Yes, they definitely feed you well. And the stops at different ports were so much fun. Catalina Island, CA was really fun, as well.

About 3-4 months later we went to Maui in Hawaii. Such an awesome time! I don't care all that much about money, but to travel, would be sweet!