Friday, February 3, 2012

POLICE

If you spread this on, please make sure you spread it accurately ...

I picked up my car from a repair shop early this evening on my way to the No Regrets Men's Conference night-before meeting at the church.  I realized I had forgotten my computer at home and had to race there in order to try to make the meeting on time.  On the way, it seemed I wasn't getting any warm air coming thru the vents (which had not been the case prior to dropping my car off for repairs).  That caused me to glance at the coolant gauge, which I immediately noticed was edging up toward "H."

I kept an eagle eye on the gauge and it just kept going up and up. I made it home to get my computer and was headed back to my meeting, driving slowly, when the gauge just got too uncomfortably close to the 'red' and I pulled over.  I sat there for 10 minutes watching the needle edge back down to the safe zone.  I got back in traffic and it zoomed up to 'hot' in about 15 seconds.

This time I pulled over and put on my hazard lights, thinking I would have to most likely be towed.  Within about ten minutes, a Kenosha police squad car pulled up behind me.  An extremely nice fellow, we popped my hood to discover there was no fluid at all in my radiator or coolant tank.  Dry.  And it didn't seem to be leaking either.

All said - that isn't really the story here.  The police department was just down the street so the officer told me to get in the back of his squad and we'd go get some water at the station and that should at least get me back to the car place.

So we drove to the KPD and got a big bucket of water and were on our way back to my car, when we came to a red light.  We sat there chatting, the police officer and me.  I noticed a car pull up next to us on my side and I happened to glance over.  A lady from my church whom I recognized but whose name I didn't know looked over and waved at me.  I smiled and waved back ... and then ... I realized ... I'M IN THE BACK OF A SQUAD CAR!!!

She looked kind of puzzled but about then the light turned green and she was on her way.  So if you're out there, dear lady - or if you hear about me - THIS is the real story.  Honest.  It was just water and an overheated car.  That's all it was.  Please pass it on.

And be blessed.

8 comments:

brian said...

I wish I had your ability to think so quickly when finding myself in a squad car. Would you be offended if we asked the Police Officer for his side of the story?

Anonymous said...

Lol, that's what they all say! Some alibi.... :) Too funny. Don't know if you ever heard it, but Michael Jackson had a song called "Smooth Criminal". Your new nickname!

PK's BLOG said...

Yes, Brian --- offended and outraged.
:)

Anonymous said...

Pastor Kevin: I read the story about your coolant being all gone and was going to mention that if you put plain water into your radiator you need to add some antifreeze to it until you diagnose the problem. You probably have thought of this before but just in case I thought I would mention this. Wayne

PK's BLOG said...

Thanks Wayne. Actually I just put water in because I was trying to cover the 1.5 miles left to the car place.

Anonymous said...

...And you devoured a large meaty scorpion in Thailand, too.

Anonymous said...

Just kidding you, Pastor. I witnessed the carnage.

PK's BLOG said...

LOL.