Tuesday, November 29, 2011

BUGS

I don't really have that many things in life that bug me. I'm a pretty tolerant guy. So to make it onto my 'Stuff That Bugs Me Hall of Fame' is a pretty big achievement.

STUFF THAT BUGS ME HALL OF FAME

1. Taking Forever To Order At Fast Food Restaurants
I actually try to avoid fast food whenever I can - just for health's sake - so when I do go into a f.f. restaurant, chances are pretty high I'm in a hurry. I know the fantastic people at McDonald's and Wendy's and Taco Bell can appreciate that. You can walk into any one of those establishments - order a #1 - and have it delivered into your hands as well as eaten in less than 3 minutes. Yet despite the cheap and easy menu, I inevitably get behind that one person who can't decide what they want or who are trying to get the best value for their money. It takes them four minutes to add up a burger, soda and apple pie and compare the cost to a value meal.
Maybe I just need to learn more patience and that's how God is running me thru the hoops.

2. Stealing All The Cheese By Grabbing That One Strategic Nacho or French Fry
This is food that has been created on the premise that if you pile up a bunch of starchy carbs and drizzle hot cheese over them, people will rush to buy and eat them. It's more than a premise though. People actually will eat anything with hot cheese drizzled on it. And everyone knows perfect cheese distribution is nearly impossible on these items. Some chips and fries will get a lion's share of cheese while others laying right next door will be totally deprived. But some people, regrettably, take advantage of that. They grab that one chip or fry that is strategically tied to every other fry or nacho on the top layer with cheese on it and they leave the remaining plain old dry chips and fries lying there - now exposed - in the bottom of the dish.
Maybe I just need to learn more patience and that's how God is running me thru the hoops.

3. Just Grabbing Your Fingers When Shaking Hands
I could have listed the opposite of this: Guys who grab your whole hand alpha-male style and try to crush it while pretending it's their normal grip. But worse than that is the person who cheats by quickly grabbing just your fingers so your palms don't touch and your thumb flails around in space. There's just no recovering from that.
Maybe I just need to learn more patience and that's how God is running me thru the hoops.

4. Creating Gaps In Lines
This is probably latently related to #1, because I hate waiting - no one does. But it's kind of sad how we get excited when the lines we're waiting in advance a few inches, and then everyone steps up a few inches. That's how lines work, and it seems unacceptable not to move up when the people in front of you do and stand there with a huge gap in front of you. What's up with that?
Maybe I just need to learn more patience and that's how God is running me thru the hoops.

And be blessed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow good stuff n awsome food for though to think about Pastor Kevin.Miss u much N much Love too.Hope u had a nice Thanksgiving & pray your Christmas is good too.Be Blessed Pastor Kevin
Tonie Longo

Anonymous said...

Oh, PK...I have just been thru a heavy day and this has made me smile! :) If it makes you feel any better, I feel the smae way about all of those things that bug you!

Anonymous said...

I LOL while reading as I am to confess, I suffer with indecision while standing in the "fast food" line. In defense of myself and others who suffer along with me, it is because it is so infrequent that I visit this kind of establishment that the menu is unfamiliar. Therefore, needing to look over the brightly lit plethora of visually stimulating choices.
However, in the self reflection that has been thrust upon me after reading this, I will in the future, take time in making my choice before actually getting in line. After all, they do call it "fast food". LOL!!!

PK's BLOG said...

On behalf of impatient people everywhere, I thank you.

PK's BLOG said...

HAHA. Nice.