Thursday, October 20, 2011

BACHELORETTE

Disclaimer: If you are in love with the show, 'The Bachelorette,' please skip today's blog.

I was roaming thru channels awhile back and stopped at a show I never stop at -- 'The Bachelorette.' I realize and understand it is a deeply loved program by so many - not to be missed - and after all the hubbub I've overheard, I succumbed for 120 seconds to see what all the chatter was about.

I've even gone so far as to post a picture here in honor of this fantastic show.

It's one girl trying to narrow down her Prince Charming from a field of 25 guys with really cool names like Bentley and Dack and Armstrong and Roberto and JP and Shooter. There aren't any Freds, Jims, Daves or Steves.

I don't want to really talk about what I managed to 'catch' in that brief 120 seconds but I know, just from having watched that little bit, that decades from now, children will ask their parents: "Dad or mom, where were you when Trista dumped Avery?"

At times like this, you wonder how we, as a people, summon the strength to go on.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol...slow news day, huh? I, too, have seen the Bachelorette, in the past. I am a single woman, so you might think my heart and interest would drift that way...but, no. I suppose if I were about 30 yrs younger, it might, though. Give me the Fox News line-up or a good sermon on tv and I am good to go. I am endlessly amazed by all of the channels we have available to us, but so little of substance. Yes, how do we endure, indeed...