Sunday, July 10, 2011

OLD

I like what Seth Godin says about getting old ...

"At some point, most brands, organizations, countries and yes, people, start talking about themselves like they're old.

'We can't stretch in that direction,' or 'Not bad for a 60 year old!' or 'I'm just not going to be able to learn this new technology.' Even countries make decisions like this, often by default. Governments decide it's just too late to change.

The incredible truth is this: it never happens at the same time for everyone. It's not biologically ordained. It's a choice. It's possible to put out a hit record at 40, run a marathon at 60 and have your 80 year old non-profit change its business model. It's not as easy as it used to be, but that's why it's worth doing."

Right, Seth.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This August, I will be the big 5-0.
I was a little unhappy about it, but I am fine now. Age is only a number, after all. Besides I feel 35 yrs. so I am just going to live with that in mind.

My real concern is, where did the time go and what did you accomplish? I've had several times when I was a very productive member of society, but I have many times when I let one day blend into the next, without making any strides forward.

I have grown to feel comfortable with the way my life is going and I don't take nearly enough risks.

I recently had someone tell me, "I am a fountain of good' And I should go out and share that, by doing kind things for others. At the very least, I can do that each day.