Friday, July 1, 2011

LAWS


'God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life.' Remember that line from the old Four Spiritual Laws booklet? I've used it many times - still do occasionally.

Do you think it's true? All of it?

It is a common thought - and an uncontested one. But what if God has a plan, but not a specific one? What if He invites us to creatively carve out our own plan in the context of His will, prayerfully, and with our own brain power and leanings?

When your leaders deliver 'words from God' to you every weekend, is there the thought that the words are dropping miraculously from heaven -- every single one of them? Or do we believe in leaders prayerfully and creatively working within the space God has already given to them?

I'm just asking.

God calls us to listen to Him - connect with His Word - submit and commit our thoughts to Him thru prayer - listen some more -- and then walk out into the big world He has put us in and live wisely and well there.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can easily see that each pastor has their own style of communicating, but I also know that God will speak to me thru sermons. Your last sermon on Character pierced my heart like a knife. I was convicted and filled with remorse at all of the times I had let God down by the way I was living my life....or not living it. I cried thru almost the entire sermon. I had finally faced my flaws head-on and changed.

I hope, in time, that God will give me an inkling of the purpose of my life. Sometimes, I have no idea. Maybe in time, for now I am still getting accustomed to this brand new start in my life.