Thursday, February 17, 2011

TALL


We're going to baptize some folk this coming weekend. That's always super-awesome-exciting. I suspect when pastors see really tall people like me join a baptism class, they cringe a little because they know in a just few days they'll be standing in front of a large group of people trying to do that 'tall-person-baptism' thing.

Frankly, it's just as awkward if you're the tall person. He tries to bend his knees just right to help the pastor give him the big dip. More tall people's heads have been hit on the back of the baptistry than I can count. That's why we added a summer baptism and moved it to the lake a couple of years ago. We haven't had any trouble finding a lake too small for really tall people.

Anyway, I'm really pumped for the baptisms that will take place on Sunday - no matter the height.

And be blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the baptisms at Lake Andrea...it is so John the Baptist. :) Just like Jesus was. I was baptised in the sanctuary. Congrats to those who are taking that step!

Lisa Kurman said...

I have actually worked "tall baptism" into the class as it never fails that we have at leat one. I always assure them that we have not 'lost' one yet! Hope we maintain our unblemished record this weekend

Anonymous said...

Lol...Lisa...my ex-husband was also 6ft 5. I relate. The thing I hate most about conversing with PK is looking up to him. I like seeing people's eyes and face, straight on. Next time we speak, I might just ask him to sit down...lol.