Monday, February 7, 2011

DECIDE

If they come to KFA and decide to leave, let them say:

I wasn't a dynamic enough speaker ...
I wasn't as engaging as the guy down the street ...
The band wasn't rockin' enough ...
The band was too rockin' ...
It was too loud ...
It was too big ...
There weren't enough singles - or couples - or people my age ...
I didn't care for the drama or funny videos ...
It was too theatrical ...
It was too far away ...
There were no convenient meeting times ...
They didn't have enough social activities ...
They were too organized and slick ...

I can live with all that -- and more. But if they come and decide it's not for them, never let them be able to say we didn't talk about Jesus. And if they leave because we talked too straightforwardly about Jesus, I guess I can live with that.

And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have grown lax. That is no one's fault but my own. KFA is great. I would not want to go anywhere else. I love it when I go. I find your sermon's compelling.

KFA is not too anything. Yes, I would love a Sat night service. No doubt. I stay up way too late at night. If I could roll out of bed and come hear God's word preached...it would be easier. That is awful to say. Some people dress to the nines for church. I would rather worry less about what I look like and more about hearing what God wants to say to me. OK...time for you to to chew my behind about not coming every week. Lol...I can handle it. I know I am wrong.

Anonymous said...

I find Jesus in every song and every word spoken when I come to KFA. Yes, it's big and yes, sometimes it's theatrical...but when you come ready and an open vessel....you get filled. And I get filled everytime I am there.