Saturday, January 1, 2011

HUGE

Happy New Year.

Hard to believe it's 2011. So ... what is life going to be for you this year? Who is going to decide that? God? You? Other people? Some combination?

I have a friend who loves working out and whenever I see him he says, 'I'm gettin' huge, PK? You gettin' huge, too?'

I think most people believe they have to be some kind of superstar to be huge - to do anything radical or outstanding for God they have to be huge. So they don't do anything great. Ever. They think you have to be famous or important ... or a pastor ... to do that.

Every single day God gives, without favoritism, opportunities to be huge. To help a person when it will do nothing but slow us down ... to love someone who refuses to return that love ... to share with somebody something that will leave us with way less when we're done.

That is my goal this year. To be huge.

When 'cool' goes right and God says 'Go left,' I want to do the huge thing.

When 'easy' is up and God says, 'Go on down,' I want to do the huge thing.

When 'fake' is free and honesty is expensive, I want to do the huge thing.

I'd like to live life this year in a way that raises huge questions - to exhibit actions - attitudes - that motivate others to think, 'There's something else out there.'

That's my dream for all of us this year. To be huge.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, PK. I want to do the unexpected thing...not just for the shock value, but maybe it will shake loose the soot from the boots of someone listening.

I want to strive to do the right thing far more often. For, myself, I know that transparency is just a normal part of my journey. The truly BIG question is, can I change those areas that I confess. I admit...I would adore it if God would just deliver me...how easy! Not my lot in life so far. It is still a struggle...yet thru it all, I swear to you, I can feel God here physically with me. I get shivers, the blood rushes to my face...He's here! It doesn't happen any other time.He leaves no doubt in my mind that it is Him touching my soul.

I agree...I want a HUGE life this year....behind the scenes. No spotlight for this girl. Just loving others and trying to do the right thing more than ever. I love New Beginnings, ripe with so much potential...