Sunday, December 26, 2010

TOP TEN 2010 (1)

For the final week of 2010 I've decided to reminisce about some of the posts here that seemed to be the most popular ones of the year. They weren't always my personal favorites, but they were the most commented on (here and on FACEBOOK) - or - they were the most read according to my Blog Analytics.

This tells me what people are interested in - what elicits responses - what stirs people up - what excites them - what bores them - etc etc etc. Maybe it will prompt you to return to read them again and/or comment again.


#10 ... "KFA" - original posting on May 15th ...
This blog post began innocently enough. I had observed that the strong majority of relative newcomers to
KFA were actually calling it KFA rather than the full-blown Kenosha First Assembly. I even mentioned that KFA could even be considered 'insider' language if you weren't sure what it meant, although you could likely figure it out pretty quickly. From there, I moved to making some comments about successful companies around the world who were known more by their initials than by their full names. Ninety-five percent of the blog post was about that. Little did I know it would set off a chain of blog and FACEBOOK responses - exciting, spirited and passionate all.


#9 - "GIMMICK" - original posting on October 11th ...
In this post, I began by giving my intended goal: To talk you out of following Jesus. I said that Jesus never had a gimmick to get more followers. He said from the very beginning that to follow Him, you had to give up everything in comparison. But we don't want to believe that or do that. And we have to be very careful that we don't begin to re-define what Christianity is -- that we don't twist and turn Jesus into a form we're more personally comfortable with.


And be blessed.

No comments: