Monday, December 27, 2010

TOP TEN 2010 (2)

The readers' #8 Favorite Blog Posting this year was titled 'JOB' and posted on December 3rd.

I was feeling 'sappy' that day, I remember - and wanted everyone to know how much I love my job -- our staff -- our volunteers -- our church. I love it because I know it's where I'm supposed to be. I ended the post with a little challenge for you to do the same.



#7 - 'SIR' - original posting way back on March 6th ...

While I used the blog title as a way of 'venting' that one of the young, muscle whippersnappers at the gym had called me "SIR" as he passed me going into the locker room, the big idea of the post was that there are doors of opportunity open to you and me everywhere all day long if we'll just watch and listen. If we'll pray for doors to open, they will.



And be blessed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying about the door opening, does leave the impression, is the answer. I found and have witnessed you have to do your part in order to have prayers answered. There are listeners who don't seem to understand the meaning of "pray about it" it will be answered. My thought:) I have read a statement that suits the meaning clearer: The Lord works with you not for you. Does this apply with prayer as well? And, if its according to his will for that specific person.

PK's BLOG said...

Yes. I think you have it there.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your affirmation. I am concerned about family members that are in need of his wisdom instilled in them. They are in their 80's 90's and are under the impression of praying for everything but seem to be at lost for results. Not understanding the meaning on prayer request. This topic has been a very huge concern for me. What is even more mind boggling is they have been leading a Christian life as they see it,yet how is it they dont' understand? HELP? Where do we fit and begin to help them to his truth and not there limited understanding, O/T belief? Briefly, they feel they are saved by a few laws such as no pork, liquor and go to church?

Anonymous said...

I liked your JOB post. I am really happy that you love your job. I think the level of commitment you show tells us that that is true. Aside from that, I like you and am glad that you are happy!

And don't worry about the "sirs". It is sign of respect. Far too many young people don't use it.

If you get a little time, you should post one more blog...tell us about the Creation museum. I would like to go someday. My bucket list keeps growing! Lol