Wednesday, December 22, 2010

SIGNS

I was reading P. Noble the other day and he had some 'Signs that you (or your church) Lack Vision.' I thought they were good to share here with you, along with a couple of my own ...

#9 No one is ever challenged to radically rearrange their lives to be part of what God is doing.

#8 God hasn't asked YOU to give up something.

#7 Everyone in your church is clean and perfect. (If you're reaching lost people, you'll find ministry gets messy.)

#6 Nothing in regard to how you are leading has changed in the past year.

#5 When your youth group wants to do something, you make them have a bake sale in front of WalMart, but when the Senior Citizens want to do something, the church covers the cost. After all, they are the tithers (and then you go to your office and wonder why more youth don't come to your church).

#4 You can do everything in front of you without God's help.

#3 You think the answer to every problem is: 'If we just had more money ... '

#2 No one has ever left your church.

#1 You've never spent a sleepless night wondering: 'How are we going to do what I just told our church we were going to do?'

And be blessed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't help but wonder a couple of things...One, how do you know, for sure, that God is asking something of you? Sometimes, I wonder what is my own insecurity and guilt that makes me wonder if God is asking me to do something.

I know you might not answer, but what has God asked you to give up? Sorry, it might be personal, but I am curious.

PK's BLOG said...

I'm never sure, to tell you the truth. Sometimes I am - and then other times, not so much. After you obey a few times, the hearing gets easier.

What I've given up -- there's a risk here in sounding 'braggy' about it -- but it's not my intention. God has asked me to give up several things:
Time --- Resources --- Money --- My agenda --- My personal preferences, to name a few.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...yeah, it's not always clear to me, either. I heard this before...when there is a path God wants you to take, you may choose A over B, but He will make a detour available to you to get back to where you should be.

I see your point about the things you have given up. You have a life-changing calling and it is demanding. I'm always in awe of how you do it all with such dedication and hard work.

PK's BLOG said...

I'm a believer that God doesn't ask me as a pastor to give up anything He doesn't ask other believers to give up. There are some non-pastors who have given up much more than I.