Monday, November 1, 2010

CHAMPIONS


It might have been a smaller-than-usual gathering of Champions at my house this evening, but it was a great and powerful time together.

We discussed book #6 in our series of 12 books. Tonight was Stu Weber's 'Tender Warrior.' It talks about what it takes to make a real man - tender vs. warrior - the right combination of the two.

I loved how the book ended, talking about the character traits of a 'finisher' and how important it is to end strong. I want to be a Caleb, of whom it was said: "He followed the Lord his God FULLY."

Somebody make a note to mark that down for etching on my tombstone someday.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Eric V said...

Thanks for hosting and leading our smaller Champion's group on Monday. I agree that we had great discussion. I'll try to make sure your tombstone is appropriately marked - thanks for teaching us and always seeking to model what it means to follow God fully. You are a 'Tender warrior.'