Thursday, October 21, 2010

CARS

Recently I bought a different car - only because the one I'd been driving lost its transmission and I didn't want to replace it. I spent eleven hours one Saturday down in Chicago checking out cars I'd seen online. Fortunately, the one-day search proved successful.

(car #1 at top right - 1973 Chevy Malibu Landau; car #2 at left - 1976 Ford Fairmont)

That led Joelene and me on a little stroll down memory lane reminiscing about all the cars we have owned over the years - and
the memories that came from those
experiences.

(car #3 at right - 1981 Plymouth Voyager)

That conversation led me to make a list of all those cars that have been in our garages and -- well -- because it's a slow day and I'm
tired of talking about church - to post them here.

(car #4 at left - 1985 Pontiac Sunbird [our only brand new car ever]; car #6 at slight right below - 1987 Plymouth Grand Voyager [this vehicle was eventually totaled by one of our daughters)

Maybe it will prompt you to have your own memory stroll.
To 'milk' it fully, these are the first seven cars we've owned - the final six are coming tomorrow - just to keep the suspense high.

(car #5 below left - 1988 Pontiac Sunbird station [this car was eventually totaled by 'yours truly' - we liked Sunbirds, I guess]; car #7 bottom right - 1985 Buick Century)











And be blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I missed it, but where is the pic of the car you did buy? Is that number one?

I know, this whole car business is a guy thing...I love my own car, but I don't even have pics of all of my old cars. Lol....it is a guy thing. Blog about love sometime...that is a great thing to talk about! :)

PK's BLOG said...

The blog post states that the last and most recent six cars will be pictured in tomorrow's blog. Stay tuned.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh...I wait with bated breath...JK! :)~ Hope your new "baby" is just what cha wanted!