Saturday, September 11, 2010

WISCONSIN



































I'm originally from Missouri and spent time in ministry in both Illinois and Minnesota. Because of that, I never really considered Wisconsin my home, even though I've now lived in the state over 18 years - longer than I've ever lived in anywhere else since becoming an adult. So I can't really disregard that. I'm am a Wisconsinite ... just face it.

So I got this last week from someone and thought it was worthy to blog on - however self-deprecating it may be. Enjoy.

YOU KNOW YOU'RE FROM WISCONSIN IF ...


Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the highway.


"Vacation" means playing miniature golf at the Dells.


A clean bowling shirt is appropriate attire for a wedding.


You think of the major four food groups as cheese, beer, brats, and Jell-O salad with marshmallows.


You own just three spices: salt, pepper, and ketchup.


You design your Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.


You know several people who have hit a deer.


You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.


You see people wear bib overalls at funerals.


You think that opening day of deer season is a national holiday.


You refer to the Packers as "we."


Down South to you means Chicago.


A brat is something you eat.


You know that Eau Claire is not something you eat.


You have more miles on your snowblower than your car.


You ever went to a wedding reception in a bowling alley.


You own at least one cheese head.


Sunday afternoons are sacred for the Packer game.


You get irritated at sports announcers that pronounce it "Wes-con-sin."


You or someone you know was a "Dairy Princess" at a county fair.


The trunk of you car doubles as a deep freezer.


You drive 65 miles per hour through snow without flinching.


:)


AND BE BLESSED.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummmm....I am a Californian, thank you very much....lol. And to those of you who are Wisconsonites....LIVE LARGE! JK! :)

Anonymous said...

And there are two seasons...winter and road construction. woohoo!

mprybylski said...

So true, so true. : )
At one time or another I could identify or know someone who identifies with all of thos characteristics.
My favorite because I come from a big family of bowlers,and they are pretty serious about it.
"A clean bowling shirt is appropriate attire for a wedding."


Thanks,
Matthew

mom said...

Just don't forget your MISSOURI HERITAGE!

PK's BLOG said...

HA! Don't worry. I haven't forgotten where I'm from. :)