Saturday, November 7, 2009

LEAVES


One Saturday a year is "THE DAY." It's "THE DAY" I spend eight hours raking the 17 bajillion leaves in my yard that fall every Autumn. I love our yard the other 11 months of the year, but November ... well ... let's just say ... not my favorite month.

But today was 75 degrees and sunny -- awesome for southern Wisconsin in November -- practically unheard of. And to take it from good to great, three guys from my Saturday morning small group decided to come over and help me rake, blow, bag and move the leaves to the street, where the village will come pick them up this week.

So guys - I can't thank ya enough. You absolutely rock.

If that wasn't grand enough, Joelene and I offered our home in the Christian Life School (http://www.kclsed.org/) Romania Auction today. Guests bid on dinner for six at our home - 'A Taste of Italy.' The dinner went for $100.

Pumped up for a great day tomorrow.

And be blessed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for tomorrow at church, too!!! I have had the absolute, most amazing day with Jesus, my prince and master. :) It was a beautiful day walking out in nature and praying to Him. I have never felt more love for Him than I have today...I hope it never ends... :)

Whitney Thulin said...

Was it really 75?

PK's BLOG said...

YES!!! WOULD I LIE ON THIS BLOG??!! :)
It was upper 60's today as well. Amazing and awesome.

Diane said...

I have TONS of leaves too....but...
a.) no one came to help me...
b.) our city has us pay big bucks to bag them up in bio bags and sit them by the curb!
What gives man?!
: )
Although I really DO love Fall, really I do! (minus the weekend after weekend after weekend attempting to bag all of these leaves! I chose to live in a neighborhood called 'Forest Park'!)