Friday, July 3, 2009

TASTE


It's a holiday weekend, right? So it's partially, if not mostly, about eating, right?

So -- before getting on the train to go to Chicago for Taste of Chicago with Joelene, Olivia, Allison & Darren, I quickly snarfed down a bunch of grapes and a couple of hunks of banana bread while racing out the door to catch the train.

Once we got there, my 'personal taste menu' included:
Egg Roll
Chicken Tacos
Spinach-Stuffed Pizza
Beignets (Cajun dough with white sugar on top)
Harry Carey's Potato Chips
Prime Rib Quesadilla
Rice with Goat Meat
Pear Salad with Maytag Bleu-Cheese Dressing
Flash-Frozen Popcornsicle
Chocolate Covered Carmel Corn
Rib Tips
Key Lime Pie
Chocolate-covered Frozen Banana

When we got home in early evening, I had a giant Chocolate Little Debbie and a small bowl of peanuts ... followed by an ice cream sandwich ... and then a 'little plate' of cheese-filled ravioli, roasted chicken and spinach. And it's only 8:00 p.m. - so - the night is young. I know Joelene is making some homemade ice cream right now.

Are we full yet?

I'll worry about calories and working out tomorrow ... or the next day ... or Monday.

(OK. I'm coming back to amend this at 10:30 p.m. - add 'smores' and popcorn to the list for today - around the bonfire in my backyard.)
Hope your day was great, too.

And be blessed.

4 comments:

Whitney Thulin said...

Wish we were there to TASTE too! Glad you had a good day. Love you guys.

LA Nickers said...

Pass the Pepto!

What's a popcornsicle? Never mind. Don't even wanna know!

;-)

Anonymous said...

You crack me up PK ... How do you stay so thin? I need to figure out what it is you're doing ... lol. You know, it's fun once in a while to just have fun and not worry about what we're eating. Even in the Bible there were feasts throughout the year. The trick is, for those of us who struggle with our weight, not to feast every day.

Love you man!

Rob

PK's BLOG said...

ROB:
LOL. Yes, I suppose I should think about being a little more sensitive to those who don't have the crazy metabolism that I do. I'll think about thinking about that when I post in the future. :)