Tuesday, July 7, 2009

SKYDECK


I don't know if you've heard about the new SEARS TOWER SKYDECK BALCONIES in Chicago, but we all have to get over there and get up there. It sounds amazing to me.

The balconies are suspended 1,353 feet in the air and jut out four feet from the building's 103rd floor Skydeck. Their transparent walls, floor and ceiling leave you with the impression they're floating over the city.

Visitors are treated to unobstructed views of Chicago from the nation's tallest building as well as a heart-stopping vista of the street and Chicago River below — for those brave enough to look straight down.

The promo shouts that "it is the world's most awesome view, the world's most precipitous view, the view with the most wow in the world." The balconies can hold five tons and the glass is an inch-and-a-half thick. Sears Tower officials have said the inspiration for the balconies came from the hundreds of forehead prints visitors left behind on Skydeck windows every week.

Just thought you might want to know.

And be blessed.

5 comments:

Darren said...

excuse me...we had plenty of time last week...we need to do that.

PK's BLOG said...

Yes!!!
I was a few days too late with this.

Unknown said...

The Sears tower has officially changed naming rights. It is now the Willis Tower.

Anonymous said...

Did you know the Sears tower has changed it's naming rights? It is now officially named the Willis Tower.

PK's BLOG said...

D:
HA! Yes, I knew that, but I didn't think ANYBODY would know what I was talking about if I said the WILLIS TOWER.