Sunday, September 25, 2016

LESSON 22 - THINK

During September I'm blogging each day about one thing I've learned from 35 years of doing ministry.  Nothing about it is rocket science -- they're just tips that have served me well these past three decades.


Lesson #22 - You know less than you think.

I'm not talking about you; I mean me.  I'm sure you know all kinds of junk.

When you come into a role, you have loads of ideas.  You're sure they'll work.  Even if the former six leaders tried all those things, you're positive they won't fail when you, the Master of the Universe, attempts them.

I mean, I'm dynamic.  And passionate.  I know how to turn things around.  Things go gold when I touch them.

Umm.  Not even close.

Leading is more about listening and becoming a student than it is being The Teacher.

You know a lot, I'm sure, but you know a lot less than you think.

And be blessed.

No comments: