Thursday, January 21, 2016

AUTOPILOT

As part of my journaling this week I am struck by all the blessings that surround my life.  I couldn't begin to write a blog that described those blessings in full.  It would stretch to forever.

Part of the discovery of those blessings is only found in slowing down to hear them, feel them, see them, sense them all around.  It's critical to slow.

The other way I'm finding that makes God more clear is to change my routine a little.  Habits formed over long periods seem to block the new and fresh flow of the Holy Spirit in our lives.  So, walk a different way to get there -- drive a new route -- do things out of the usual order -- shift it out of autopilot.

You know how to walk already.  You don't need to re-learn walking every day.  But you can change your route.  You can change your thought processes.  You can change your setting.  You can toss in a spice you've never tried before.

GET IT OFF AUTOPILOT.

Get it off autopilot.  And really soar.

And be blessed.

No comments: