Friday, August 8, 2014

AG 100th - 2

At the risk of pride, I have to say I'm very proud to be part of the Assemblies of God denomination on this day (see yesterday's blog).

At the Centennial of its origination, we gather in our headquarters city, Springfield, MO, to celebrate and thank God for all He has done.

Today's amazing lineup of presenters were:
Juan Carlos Escobar - Spain
Lazarus Chakwera - Malawi
Barnabas Mtokambali - Tanzania
Yong Mok Cho - South Korea
Ivan Satyavrata - India
Hal Donaldson - Convoy of Hope

Some of my favorite lines were:

"Jesus says, 'I'm going ... are you coming?'"

"If there is darkness in the world, why curse it?  Somebody turn on a light!"

"If the Assemblies of God were a nation, it would be the twentieth largest on earth."

Joelene and I also made a very nostalgic stop by our alma mater, CENTRAL BIBLE COLLEGE.

'Twas a good day.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute!!